Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I own a television and sometimes I watch it...


My friend Lisa finally convinced me to give (the return of) Beavis and Butthead a go (I loved it way back whenever, but I'm a grownup now). I'm glad she did because I laughed more during the first episode than I have in the past week. It's the same - same creepy high school dweebs, same t-shirts, same couch, same except now they're making fun of Jersey Shore (seriously) and vampire movies.

"This is like a family tree if your family was made of whores," (Butthead while watching Jersey Shore).

"I will fight for you until your heart stops beating…can I have some of your popcorn?” (Butthead to a chick in the movie theater).

Rolling Stone has a rundown. Since I'm one of those people who miss MTV when it actually played videos and I believe that The Real World peaked in Seattle, the new Beavis and Butthead isn't going to make me watch MTV again. But I'll probably catch up On Demand when I'm in the mood. Also, I can make myself laugh right now just by saying "you were moved."

1 comment:

  1. I went to Winthrop my freshman year of college and MTV was banned from Rock Hill... so I'd go home and record hours of MTV on VHS tape. Beavis and Butthead always made me crack up. The Real World definitely peaked in Seattle. But when was the one with Teck, Ruthie and Julie? I liked that season, too...but that may have been it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...