Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Luck and getting what you need when you need it...

My niece Keri gave me this when I was still living in Charleston. It's for luck and prosperity, two things I need right now (the latter more than the former), and it hangs in my Austin home in the kitchen window.

It's the lucky charm I see while washing dishes or cooking and today it reminded me that we get what we need when we need it. I'm working hard balancing my time freelancing with my job search, hoping that the right job will come along, hoping that the Universe knows what it's doing, and hoping that I'm making the right decisions.

Everything leads to something and I know the time I've put into my job search, into my freelance work, into surviving on a daily basis, will lead me in the right direction. It brought me here, to Austin, for a reason. I started writing about luck this month because I caught myself wondering if I believed in all of these talismans I surround myself with, but realized they're just stand-ins for what everyone else calls faith. Reminders. Everyone has to believe in something, to have faith in something. I'm letting the Universe steer this ship. The lucky charms are just there to remind me to relinquish control. Every time I have, I've gotten exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...