Thursday, June 17, 2010

What June in Austin looks like...

Work, work, sweat, sleep, eat, sweat, work, sweat, swear, sweat, apply sunscreen, sweat, work, eat, sleep, pay high electric bill, work, eat, sleep naked, work, eat, sweat, apply sunscreen, repeat.

Also:

Laugh my ass off when the weatherperson on the news channel refers to this time of year as "spring."

Get angry at the dog for wanting to go outside when it feels like 110 degrees, but worry that the sidewalk is burning her feet.

Notice that the entire neighborhood in the mid-day heat smells like garbage and dog shit.

Designate the hour upon returning home from the office following taking the dog out "naked time." Fall in love with my ceiling fan.

For my Charleston friends back home, June in Austin feels like August in Charleston. I'm imagining that July and August in Austin is going to make me want to move into my refrigerator. And that thing about Texas heat being "dry heat?" Lies.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, you're not missing a thing! But we're missing you. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard you are suffering through a heat wave in Charleston too! I can't believe I'd ever say I actually miss summer in Charleston, but I think by the time July and August roll around here, I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine! we've had like 5 or 6 days of 100+ and 105-110 heat indices and it's only june 18. It's hard to fathom worse!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...