The past four-plus months have been completely amazing, insane, wonderful...I can't believe tomorrow is finally Election Day. If you haven't voted absentee (I did that on Friday), PLEASE don't skip it on Tuesday! The lines will be long (I waited almost 3 hours to vote absentee myself) and it may rain, but you're going to want to tell your grandkids that you were part of this historic election.
I've been eating, sleeping, and breathing politics non-stop since early July. My entire life has been on hold. Now I get to start thinking about November 5. I have a list I've been keeping in my little Moleskine notebook called "things to do after Election Day."
In no particular order:
2. Sleep through an entire night.
3. Read a book all the way through.
4. Read a magazine all the way through.
5. Express gratitude that my cell phone is not ringing every 20 minutes.
6. Pedicure. Do I need to say that my "summer polish" is still hanging on?
7. See my friends and family.
8. Go one day without reading a newspaper, online or otherwise, or watching CNN.
9. Get home for the day before darkness falls.
10. Find where I stored my winter clothes before it gets too cold.
I'm probably forgetting a lot of things, but these are the ones that have been on my mind a lot. And I miss you all too. I miss being able to talk about what's been going on in my life, with my job, and all of the minutiae I used to go on (and on)about. So here's the notice that I'll be back - soon and before the week is out!
P.S. SC District 01 - Vote Ketner! And (especially my dear friends and family who have been volunteering), please come over to our election watch party Tuesday evening from 8 to midnight - Omar Shrine Auditorium on Patriot's Point in Mt. Pleasant. It's free and open to the public - hope to see you there!