Saturday, May 24, 2008

Everybody needs a little time away....

I am having a mini-vacation (back to work on Wednesday). I'm in Charlotte right now and today there were several hours during which I did not a) check my email, b) look at my blackberry, or c) know what time it was. Aleigh and I were in the middle of Target and I realized that I didn't know if it was 3 o'clock, 5 o'clock, earlier, later. No idea. Fish tacos for lunch, some shopping, manis and pedis (they're very summery pink), a visit to my favorite store in Charlotte, Paper Skyscraper, hanging out with the dogs in the backyard, chopping a big platter of veggies while Al made Caprese salad (buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes, basil from the garden, olive oil), and now I'm sitting with my feet propped up on a big stack of books that I plan to read this weekend. After we watch the Passion of Ayn Rand (we're both Rand geeks).

Tomorrow: Brunch, shopping at the Southpark Mall (Sephora! Joseph Beth Booksellers!), lounging, reading, frittering away some time, watching videos on my new favorite iPod Nano toy, taking the dogs for a walk, and forgetting where my watch is.

3 comments:

  1. Southpark is a good, good thing. I miss it.

    I'm reading Catherine Friend's "Hit By a Farm." It's a must-read, if (err, when) you go by any bookstores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing you on Sunday! Hope you had some luck shopping at SouthPark. Me, not so much:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. mir - I didn't get your comment until after we hit Joseph Beth, but I'm adding that one to my wish list.

    Lindsey - it was great to see you too! I'm sorry you didn't find your dream dress on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...