Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm back, Jack....

(for those of you wondering, "Jack" is my imaginary friend who misses me when I'm gone)

Back from five days of travel and happy to be home (though it was a lot of fun). My return on Saturday was a little hairy because of weather. Tornadoes in the south and I had my head on my knees on a flight from Knoxville to Charlotte silently chanting "there's no place like home, there's no place like home." When I arrived in Charlotte, all the flights were grounded. No hotel rooms available. The airport looked like a third world country. I could have gone standby on a flight in the morning, but the US Air rep told me it was a 40-seater and they already had several standing by. Soooo....I rented a car and drove back to Charleston in the middle of the night on Saturday. With a nun from Pittsburgh. I'm not kidding. It's a long story and I think I'm actually going to save it for my next essay, but it was nice to be able to give a Sister a ride.

I'll be posting pics from the events last week and updates on new events here.

7 comments:

  1. Ha. Brings new meaning to the phrase, "Help a sister out."

    Can't WAIT to read the essay...can you work it up in time for May?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so! Cross your fingers for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also...SEE? Travel is great for writing. Travel=inspiration. That is why I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I'm glad you had fun and glad you made it home safe. Can't wait to hear the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travel *is* great for writing. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kelly - I wanted to drop you an email but for some reason I can't find your email or contact info on your blog. (Unless you don't have it out there for a reason, and in that case ... slinks off into the Internet sunset.) Could you drop me a quick line at kerri[at]sixuntilme[dot]com? THANKS!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...