It's been a long, long (long) time since MK and I have been to a Cowboy Mouth show together. We've known each other for 12 (maybe 13?) years. When we were younger (and drunker), we spent a lot of time at live shows and hardly missed a chance to hang out with the crazy f*ckers from Cowboy Mouth. They still put on one hell of a live show. And I still get a kick out of being on the VIP list (even when MK has to call Mr. LeBlanc while we're standing at the door because he didn't get our names on the list before the show).
From left, MK and me. I think we're cuter now than we were in our 20s (I might put a few of those up if (1) I ever get around to scanning them and (2) she won't kill me for doing it). MK has more pics on her MySpace page, including a few of the band.
What I learned:
1. You cannot go to Alex's at 1am sober for a quiet meal. Annoying Drunk Girls are your punishment for once being an Annoying Drunk Girl. But grits are still good.
2. You can go out without fear of running into ex-boyfriends because they are also older, mostly married, and are home at night.
3. You can have a good time without (1) jumping on stage, (2) puking in the trash can outside, or (3) making out with a total stranger in the parking lot.
4. Friends who Knew You When are always better than New and Questionable Friends.
5. You can make Undesirables (who ask questions like, "does the carpet match the drapes?") go away by flashing your rosary necklace and asking, "have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?"