Monday, December 18, 2006

Habits that I both have and hate...

1. Cigarettes. I used to love to smoke. Now I hate it. The gum helps, but I can't seem to ditch this one all the way.
2. Fingernail biting. Actually, what I do would be called "cuticle biting" and sometimes it hurts.
3. Procrastination. I always think there will be more time. Without deadlines, I'm not sure I'd be able to accomplish anything at all.
4. Hypochondria. It's under control, but I'll admit to searching WebMD every time I have a weird symptom.
5. Hair twisting. This is actually a step up. I used to chew on my hair, but switched to twisting (or twirling) in college. It's a nervous habit.

I have habits that I like too: Eating organic, weekly yoga with Kat, watching entire seasons of tv shows on DVD, very good dark chocolate, guarding my "me time" with ferocity, sleeping late on weekends, avoiding exposure to sunlight, and being able to say "no" (I've always been good at that).

I like to think that the good habits make up for the bad ones.

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to comment on habit number 3, but I guess I can always do that later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number one is very bad for you. It is good that you're trying to kick the habit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, you're practically a saint. All the good ones far outweigh the bad ones, especially the yoga and chocolate. Knit more and 1, 2 and 5 (possibly even 4) will go away. I knit a hat during Babel (only dropped one stitch!) and didn't bite my nails once...a first for moi.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...