Friday, November 17, 2006

Have my cake and eat it too...

I woke up suddenly at 2:39 a.m. this morning. Not exactly the hour I was born (I think it was 2:15 or something like that), but close.

Update: My mother told me I was born at 2:33am. And this isn't the first year I've woken up at that time on that day. Weird.

Answered door at 8am in robe with wet hair for HVAC guys I hadn't been aware were going to crawl under my house today.

Received calls from mother (asking where her flowers are), sister (asking again why I'm not taking the day off from work), and Michael Monkey...all the way from London!

Discovered favorite flowers (stargazer lilies) on desk from editorial assistant Stef. Thai all around for lunch; received stunning neck wrap from all and Jolly Roger letterpress cards (thanks, Katie!).

Lovely co-worker Julie made angel food with strawberries and whipped cream for the birthdays (I share a b-day with lovely co-worker Abby). We even had candles to blow out.

Anyone want to guess what I wished for?

(And yes, this is my birthday outfit for the evening).

(And no, my birthday date is not one of the HVAC guys, though I think I did accidentally flash one of them when I caught robe on door handle).

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday fabulous fellow scorpio. Seems that you are taking good care of yourself on this one :)
    Enjoy, enjoy (and pass the angel food).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A celebratory trip to the Green Dragon is in order! Hurrah! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, y'all! It was a great day. And I do think a holiday trip to GD might be in order. Shall we invite the paparazzi?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...