Monday, April 10, 2006

Y'all just better recognize...
On Saturday morning, Erin and I rode our bikes to opening day of the Charleston Farmer's Market at Marion Square. I imagined feeling all European on the way home with a loaf of bread and a bunch of flowers in my bike basket, but what ended up in my basket was a small watermelon (!) and a wild mushroom quiche. As I screamed to (at) Erin several times on the way home, "my quiches is in pieces!"

We had to make a pit stop at the office before we biked home. While we were locking our bikes up out front, a homeless man passed by and advised us both to "recognize." I assured him that he had nothing to worry about, as we were doing some serious recognizing. Except for when Erin almost crashed into the back of me because I braked without warning to avoid a tank-sized SUV pulling out of a driveway near the park. She was not recognizing at the time.

What else we recognized:
*We said "Hi Mayor Joe!" to Mayor Joe.
*Artist friend Paul Silva has a booth this year and Erin bought two pretty giclees.
*Kids often scream for no reason and it's funny when you're not the mom of them.
*We live in a crazy-beautiful place. Everyone who doesn't is jealous of me.
* I really should get out more.

6 comments:

  1. I love the outdoor market! That is very european of you. I can see where you were going with that basket of bread and flowers. Watermelon and quiche is just as good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hilarious. Did you start off the morning with mimosas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. KLo, you killed me. Literally had me aching to be in Charleston with this post. So much I posted about it! If you make me reach for the phone and schedule a trip I'm gonna have to smack you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The homeless guy probably meant to re-cognize -- via liquor.

    Like your quote about the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even in pieces, the quiche was GOOD.
    Is that what re-cognize means? Gimme $2 to get some Mad Dog 20/20?

    Jem - You are the only person I know who would ask me if I got tanked before biking 5 miles. Of course not! It was 9 am, so I shot up instead.

    CRay - PLEASE schedule a freaking visit and we'll talk about who's getting smacked when you get here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. picturing you with a watermelon in your basket is cracking me up! Who's Lucy and who's Ethel?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...