Monday, March 06, 2006

And that's why I'm scared of little people...
If you allow envy to take over your life, you could miss out on some wonderful experiences. For example, if I cut talented people out of my life because I have a twinge of jealousy every now and then, what would I have to live up to? Who would challenge me? Sure, I might be the funniest, smartest, and most talented of that group, but how does that make me a better person?

I'd rather be around people who are smarter and more talented than myself. My theory is that if I'm not feeling a bit jealous of the other people in my life, I'm not challenging myself and I'm being petty and small. Alternately, I've learned to recognize the same in others and act accordingly.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
~Mark Twain

4 comments:

  1. So true, so true.

    And this is something I definitely needed to hear again. Thanks, Kel. You have impeccable timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impeccable timing? Perhaps. But I also read your blog every day and maybe I saw it coming.

    And I have been jealous of you before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can distinctly remember having felt by-line jealous of both of you at one time or another...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous of you all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...