Thursday, January 12, 2006

I like to look at pretty pictures...
If loving graphic novels makes me a geek, then a geek I shall be. I read them when I feel like words are a burden, when information overload makes my head hurt, and when I just want to be entertained. Don't make me explain that graphic novels are different from comic books. Just get one, read it, and we'll figure out that whole mess later.

This is the web site of Craig Thompson, the artist and writer of Blankets and Goodbye Chunky Rice. I love this site. I think I would love any site that began with "doot doot."

"How satisfying it is to leave a mark on a blank surface. To make a map of my movement – no matter how temporary."
- Craig Thompson (from Blankets)

1 comment:

  1. I hear tell some local writer (probably just some hack who can type...) did a CP story on graphic novels a few months ago... I heard he even got the chance to interview counterculture icon Denis Kitchen as well as Marjane Satrapi's editor, Anjali Singh... good thing they were telephone interviews... I can just picture this writer slapping his hands against the sofa, thinking, "Holy Cats, Bat-Man! I'm actually talking to Denis Kitchen!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...