Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Reasons why I am more susceptible to heat in the summer and therefore should be extended privileges such as shaded VIP areas for outdoor events and cuts in line for the movies...

I bitch and moan about the hot weather more than anyone else I know. I hate to sweat (unless there's a damn good reason for it). I am this pale, and I've always been sensitive to the heat. My face sweats more than any other part of my body, which makes wearing makeup or washing my hair acts of futility. I've been thinking a lot lately about why I always seem to be the sweatiest and most insistent about keeping the A/C down around 70 degrees. Here's what I came up with:

1. I am indoors so often I have become acclimated to the air conditioning and lower temperatures (Michael's "Summer of 2004 Theory").

2. God wants to punish me for thinking bad thoughts.

3. I was shipped here from the Planet Frigid Bitch (Erin's hypothesis).

4. I am just plain special (says Mom).

5. It's in my ancestry. My people come from places of inclement weather, cool temperatures, and overcast skies.

6. I am a fragile, delicate flower.

Any other ideas?

2 comments:

  1. ha ha, frigid bitch, good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your posts are truly original and outstanding. i love this one in particular!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...